Instagram is a great way to spread the word about your styling services. Here is a guide on how to share your looks on the social platform.
A few things to note:
- There is only one place to add a clickable link in Instagram - the website field of your bio. That's why you often see a variation of "link in bio" in people's captions.
- There is also no way to auto-share photos, which means you'll be responsible for choosing what image or images you want to represent your look.
Stage 1: Adding your link to your bio
- Click on the look you'd like to share in your Looks page
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Share Look > Copy
3. Open Instagram and visit your account by clicking on your IG image in the far right corner
4. Click on "Edit Profile"
5. Paste the link to your look (command-V) in the "Website" field of your profile
Stage 2: Sharing a post to your look
- Click on the plus sign (+) at the bottom-center in the Instagram app
- Choose the photo or photos from your photo library you'd like to add
- Use Instagram's editing and filtering features to tweak your images
- Add a caption that explains the images with a call-to-action for its viewers to click on the link in bio to view and shop the full look (e.g. "Link to full look in bio" or "Shop the look through link in bio")
Read our blog post on how to make the most of Instagram for ideas on what to share!